Houston light-duty vehicles:
- Alternative fuel vehicles are full-size vehicles running on fuels other than electric, gasoline, hydrogen, or diesel.
- Hydrogen-fueled vehicles have from 15% to 100% hydrogen blended with an internal combustion fuel.
- Full-size electric vehicles include models that meet all the safety standards for vehicles on the highway or city streets.
- Hybrid electric vehicles have an internal combustion engine combined with a battery and the electric motor of an electric vehicle.
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles are similar to hybrid electric vehicles, except that they must be connected to the electric grid for some period each day to fully recharge their onboard battery packs.
- Neighborhood electric vehicles are usually configured to carry two or four passengers, or two passengers with a pickup bed, and have top speeds between 20 and 25 miles per hour.
- Urban electric vehicles are passenger vehicles with top speeds of about 60 mph and a per-charge range of about 50 miles.